Feb 9, 2016

Puig Custom II wind screen for Yamaha Bolt




I searched for a screen for a good while before deciding on a Puig Custom II. It certainly doesn't improve the looks of the bike, but I'm planning on mounting it only for longer trips. The cost is around $100 which is good value in my opinion. The Yamaha screen is going for a lot more. 

Installation, while simple, was a bit of a chore. It was hard to get everything lined up straight when working alone and I'm not entirely happy with it yet. I feared that the 5.5." risers might result in the screen mounts not fitting the bike, but there was no problem in the end. The inverted mirrors and screen mounts mean that I'm running out of real estate on the bars though.


Puig custom II package contents

The attachment to the screen (plastic cover removed)

The attachment to the bars (plastic cover removed)

Attached to bars

Add caption

Installation instructions

UPDATE [May 4th, 2016]
I thought that the screen would really work, but after riding back to back with my bike and a Sportster without a screen... I took my screen off. Clean air, without buffeting is just so much more pleasant even if it means some added wind pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment