Nov 13, 2015

Mustang solo seat for Yamaha xv950 / Star Bolt

Mustang solo seat and Yamaha Bolt OEM  seat size comparison
Mustang solo seat and Yamaha OEM  seat size comparison
 I tried on the Mustang seat while I was installing the forwards. What should have been a 2 minute job turned into a half an hour wrestle with seat. The seat just refused to set so that I could attach the mounting screw. The instructions said that if this happens I should loosen the rear fender struts. That helped nothing. Others have reported the same problem and while i suspect it will go away after some use it sure is annoying!

Can't say anything about the comfort yet, but it should be  comfortable.


Mustang seat is somewhat higher than the stock one

Mustang seat is also quite a bit wider



2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    not sure if you still read the comments, since you have moved on, but I’ll give it a go. Did the Mustang seat fit with the OEM pillion seat? I’m thinking about getting the mustang seat and wanted to double check.
    Thanks for the great posts! They’ve given me some nice inspirations for my own Bolt!
    All the best,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete