Oct 25, 2015

Ram mount X-grip phone holder for Yamaha Bolt

Test installation of the Ram Mount X-grip.
I will be getting risers so the installation is just to see how the parts fit together. I have two different length arms for the mount, but it seems that bu using the longer one I can get the phone pretty much smack in the middle. The reason I want my phone mounted this way, is that I have plans for using as a navigator. Previously this hasn't been feasible because of mobile internet restrictions on other stuff, but it looks like I can retire my old TomTom soon. I'll post more about this later.

Ram Mount ball the Yamaha Bolt stock riser

The ball is pretty unobtrusive

Ram Mount X-grip holding an Iphone on Yamaha Bolt
Iphone on the X-grip

Ram Mount X-grip holding an Iphone on Yamaha Bolt
Quite ok so far

EDIT Feb. 11th

The mount was moved to the center of the bars once the pullback risers were installed. The main reason was that soviet europe could not provide me with a suitable UNC bolt that would fit the risers.








1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous. I just bought a 2016 Bolt R Spec a year ago. Where do you get the part to use the stock riser thread for the RAM mount?

    ReplyDelete